My sister recently returned from an internship in Mauritius (an island nation in Eastern Africa), and immediately wanted boulettes. Boulettes are a steamed ball of minced meat that she would often get as street food. The ones she loved had chayote and green chilli paste. She immediately made some of the steamed meatballs and saved me some of the ground chicken she was using so that I could make my own. I avoided the chilli’s (because of the bell pepper allergy) and the chayote (because of the squash family) and settled on making a similar-looking chicken meatball. It was flavorful and fun, and great over rice!
- Tin Foil
- 1 lb Ground Chicken I used purdue brand
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 450℉
- Combine chicken, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix until well-combined
- Form chicken into balls, place on a baking sheet covered with tin foil at least 1" apart
- Bake for 18 minutes
- I have omitted a lot of spices due to my spice allergies. If you can have em, add them! Garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika would be great in a recipe like this.
- I topped my meatballs with maple syrup and lemon juice. But a soy sauce, tamari, or gravy topping would be delicious.