Everyone and their mother seems to have a recipe for this dessert, so I thought I’d add mine to the echo chamber of the internet! This recipe has been adapted from many others online, the NY Times one, the way I used to watch my old roommate make this when she was dieting, and personal experimentation.
So how is mine different from all the rest? Instead of table sugar I use pure maple syrup.
Why? I was avoiding cane sugar while trying to determine food triggers.
And you kept it? Yes! and trust me, it works.
Banana “Nice” Cream
- Food Processor
- Freezer-Safe Container
- 2 Bananas overripe/browning
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Cocoa Powder Optional
- 1.5 tbsp Water
- Slice bananas into half-inch thick slices, freeze for a minimum of two hours
- Add frozen banana slices to food processor. Add about a quarter inch worth of water to the food processor, around 1.5 tbsp but potentially more based on the size of your food processor.
- Add maple syrup and cocoa powder (optional) to food processor.
- Blend in food processor until smooth. If banana slices don't process properly, add more water a tablespoon at a time.
- Once smooth, transfer to a freezer-safe container.
- Freeze mixture for a minimum of fours hours. Scoop like ice cream, add any desired toppings, and enjoy!