My 2018 Skin Prick Test showed positive for Salmon. Although I was told it was potentially a false positive, I had a few reactions (which I now think were reactions to the wood it was smoked with) to smoked salmon, and avoided it for years. After my 2021 skin and blood tests showed negative, I started eating salmon again right away! This is my favorite salmon recipe by far.
Lemon Pepper Sous Vide Salmon
- Sous Vide
- Large Pot & Trivet
- Frying Pan (for searing)
- Gallon Ziplock Bag OR Vacuum Seal Machine
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb Salmon
- .5 Lemon
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Canola Oil
- Set up the sous vide in the pot and heat water to 122℉. Make sure the pot is either on a trivet or on a stovetop – somewhere that can get hot safely.
- Add 1 lb of uncooked salmon to either a gallon bag or a vacuum sealed bag.
- Before closing, add the lemon*, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Rub around on fish to make sure it has been thoroughly coated.
- If vacuum sealing, seal the bag. If using a gallon bag, use the water-displacement method to place the fish into the water.
- Cook in sous vide for 45-50 minutes. If salmon is very thick, increase cooking time to 1 hour.
- If desired, sear salmon in heated pan with canola oil after removing from the Sous Vide. Make sure to dry salmon prior to placing in pan.
- Serve & enjoy!